How To Go To Jeju Island

1. Nate says:

Hi there!

Great info on Korea.

I'm planning to go Seoul/Busan/Jeju next year. Well, I know you never been to Jeju. Do you have any friends been there? I would like to know the passenger fare? I googled but i couldn;t find any correct answer.

TQ!

Hi Nate,
    Most of my friends who had been to Jeju went with tour groups so the fare was included in the total package.

But, I will try to find the info from my Korean friends. ^^

3. Nate says:

Hi Zarina!

I would to ask your opinion. Which is the best way to travel to Jeju? By KTX/Ferry via Mokpo or flight? Im a budget traveller.

Here is my tentative schedule:
    1st day: Go to busan by KTX (getting 5days pass). 2nights stay.
    3rd day: Jeju. Take KTX- Daejeon-Seodaejeon-mokpo. From mokpo, taking ferry to Jeju. 2nights stay.
    5th-10thday: Seoul. 5nights stay

I am hoping using KTX will minimise the travel time between cities. But on the 3rd day, im abit sceptical about the interchange between daejeon-seodeajeon and hoping can catch the 9am ferry from mokpo to jeju.

Is it practical to do this way? I hope you can shed some lights on this.

Big thanks!

Hi Nate,
    Sorry for the late reply.
    I've never been to Jeju actually and no experience of taking the ferry to Jeju either.

Althought the KTX Pass for 5 days is much cheaper from taking domestic flight to Jeju but you will lose out on travelling time.

Busan to Jeju by flight takes less than 1 hour but your journey from Daejeon to Jeju by KTX and ferry will take almost half a day.

Maybe you need to reconsider?

5. seventh says:

Hi Zarina

Yeap i can consider your idea. thats the thing, we're on budget. most probably will go by land.

now, i just need to figure out the ferry fare only.

Happy New Year to you!

6. aruun says:

Salam Zarina,
    Syukur sesangat jumpe blog you ni, banyak info 🙂
    Do you know pasal accommodation budget kat Jeju? And servis for luggage locker ade x kt airport? Plan nk tggal je luggage kt Seoul masa pg jeju…
    Thankss

W'salam zarina,
    I haven't had the the chance to travel to Jeju yet. but as far as I know of there are budget accommodation around.

Every airport has luggage locker but the rate is pretty expensive. I think mebi you can leave it at the guesthouse in Seoul instead. it's normally free if you plan to stay at the same guesthouse after u return from Jeju.

8. aisyahariel says:

salam zarina,

i nak tanye boleh ke kite book eastarjet to jeju?the fare cost is much more cheaper than jeju air.i've tried but not working.

w'salam aisyahariel,
    what kind of issue that you encountered?

10. wawa says:

zarina,
    how to go to nami island from Jenju island. i plan to take flight to jeju island. after that, i plan to go to nami island.
    i am not sure what is the best decision? should i fly back to seoul and take the bus tour from seoul to nami? or i can go straight to nami from jeju island?

Hi Wawa,
    No other way to Nami Island except
    Jeju Island to Incheon airport – by flight

Then go to Nami Island by train or bus

12. CIKU says:

salam,kami akan ke jeju pada 20 july ini.Semoga semua yang diplan menjadi kenyataan.Doakan perjalanan kami.tq tq for zarina's blog too.

hi, I am planning to go to korea next year and I'm wondering how to get jeju after I get off the KTX. Do I have to get a ferry? thanks

Hi! I'm heading to Jeju next year march. Still in the process of planning. I've heard about Yeha guesthouse and the day tour. Do you have any useful information on that? Especially on the tour itself. Thank you!

15. Fazlin says:

Assalamualaikum Zarina,

saya cuba untuk beli flight ticket gimpo- jeju,guna jeju air.
    tapi page 'next' tu tak moving

bila guna eastar pulak,page tak moving sebab mcm ada error kat passport tu,pop up keluar dalam korean,and cursor remain katvtempat passport tu..passport detail dah masuk betul dah.

please advise any tutorial ke apa,atau cara mcm mana lagi saya boleh guna,trip saya ke seoul 17/9.its my honeymoon~.nanti email ke nurullz07@yahoo.com thanks!

Hi, how do I book a domestic flight online? Seem like all of the airline require member to book. Such as easternjet and many more.