Ski Resorts in South Korea : Gyeonggi-do

would like to go to Bears Town for skiing and wish to used the Free shuttle bus. Can i make the reservation thru e-mail? if yes, can i get the e-mail address from you. Had try on this email (webmaster@bearstown.com) but delivery message fail. And had try the official website but can't found any link for the reservation. I'm from Malaysia. So making call directly will cost me a bomb. Any suggestion?

My suggestion is to call the number once you are in Seoul. If they can't understand English, get help from the guesthouse/hotel reception to make the call for you. They would be glad to assist you! ^^ Trust me. Korean are very accommodating and friendly.

Thank Zarina, for replying.
    your blog information on Korea is so helpful. Glad that i stumble into it.
    Keep it up.*thumb up*

Hi there,
    I'm glad that I could help. Just doing this blog for myself at first so that I could reuse all the info if I want to go to Korea again and again (my plan..hehe)

Hai zarina ,
    very informative blog.I'm planning to visit s.k wth my hband and 2 kids age 8 & 15yrs.Planning to go to Yangji and stay at hyundai residence.Any ideaon how to go to Yangji from the hotel. tqs alot.

from zara,malaysia

Hi Zara,
    Hyundai Residence Serviced Apmt as per http://www.nicerent.com/mn_Korea_Serviced_Apartments/residences_serviced_hyundai.asp
    should be around Dongdaemun/Chungmuro Station according to the map.

The nearest you could wait for free shuttle bus from Seoul is at 0800am at City Hall Station. Call the number (031) 338-2001 for reservation.

The free shuttle bus map at Yangji's website is only from Yongin where you need to take normal bus from Nambu bus terminal

thanks for the info zarina, still blurr..but will try to figure that out once we get there.

zara

Don't worry too much ^^
    Seoul is a pretty easy city to figure out once you are there.
    The transportation quality is very good that you won't get lost.

9. ayaharif says:

How I missed snowbording…. cannot be sure if i can try again on my plan trip to Seoul next year coz bringging a small kid and my wife with zero experience in ski/snowbording…. maybe just snow sleding..

Zarina, harapu boleh tolong guide utk ke Bears Town… I plan duduk area Dongdaemun Hitory & Culture Station, Mcm mana nak ke Station Shuttle Bus by subway?

Hi ayaharif,

You could take shuttle bus from Euljiro station (but you need to confirm with the company whether Euljiro 1/3/4 Station) or Jonggak Station.

Please call Geumsung Tour ( 02-741-2202 ) for free shuttle bus reservation once you are there.

Hi Zarina,

SOS! We will be visiting Seoul in early December, 8 pax all in. We will stay at Greenhouse Myengdong. If we plan to visit the Korean Folks Village and a ski resort in the same day, which would you recommend, Jisan or Yangji Ski Resort? None of us have any skiing experience (orang Malaysia lah). We will be taking public transports and we have a kid of 10 years old. Free shuttle from Seoul would be the best as it would be hassle free for us, the problem is from Jisan (or Yangji) to Korean Folks Village and then from Korean Folks Village back to Seoul.

Thanks & regards!

Hi,
    Both ski resorts are around 1 hour drive from Seoul. They provide skiing lessons for separate charges if you want to learn or if you have Korean friends who could teach you for FREE, it would be better. ^^

Are you referring to Hanok village in Chungmuro or Yongin Korean Folk Village?

It's not advisable to cram both activities in one day. I suggest you visit only ski resort and try the hanok village at Chungmuro station instead.

13. Hi Zarina, lovely + informative blog you have here. Really helps me a LOT! i

Just wanna know if I have only 4 days effectively in Seoul, is it worth it to go for a day trip for skiing? I'm planning to go afternoon ski 1pm – 5pm, but now thinking that it might be a waste of money, time and energy (RM300 for ski equipment + lift + lesson) if I were to go for a short trip. What do you think?

And is it worth it to skiing in Seoul compared to other parts of the world? What other ice sports activities that is worth to do in Seoul? Snow sledding? Ice skating? My partner and I enjoy ice skating, what's the best place to go?

Hi Roze,

Since you only have 4 days and it is during winter, you better ski/snow sledding. Although the winter is harsher than last year's.

Try check out Bear Town Ski Resort, it's only 1 hour from Seoul.

But if you don't want to waste the time traveling and just enjoy Seoul than go for ice skating.

Ice skating – go to Lotte World. The place never close.

15. hanna says:

hi, i was thinking if i could get the bearstown membership but the links are nowhere to be found. can you help me please? or is it the membership is only for koreans?

Hi Hanna,
    You could try to email the resort at webmaster@bearstown.com
    for more info on membership.

17. eKa says:

akak,kalu kita tak stay resort2 ni boleh main ski jugak ke…igt nak dok guesthouse murahan je

Hi Eka,
    Boleh. Akak pon tak stay in resort hotel. Just ski and snowboard je. ^^

19. Aspen says:

Assalamualaikum Zarina,
    Bestnya dapat jumpa blog ni. Saya plan nak pergi Seoul October tahun dpn…rasa2 macam nak stay kat Yangji Pine Resort..tapi website dia tak citer tentang rate dan camne nak booking by online. Camne ek??

Hi Zarina
    How do you book accommodation at Yangyi Resort?
    Maggie123

21. amirrasid says:

salam kak zarina..me n my 4 other friends planning to go for one day trip to yongpyong ski..is cheaper to go by ourself or trough agent?..tq

22. Amir says:

Salam kak Zarina,
    Love your blog and very resourceful.
    I'm planning to go to Korea in April 12 and will stay in Namsan Guesthouse. Any recommendation for day trip to any nearest budget ski resort, and would appreciate kak Zarina could guide me on transportation to the recommended ski resort.

W'salam Amir,
    I'm afraid by mid March the Ski resort is not opened anymore as no snow. But you can still come for a visit though.

please download my FAQ, the how-to for ski resort is in there

24. Amira Putra says:

Salam Zarina, nak tanya kalau pegi bulan November dlm 18hb, bole pegi ke tempat2 Ski nih.. ada salji da ke

Hi Zarina, Love your blog! Thinking of going to a ski resort with my 2 kids this coming Dec. May I know besides BearTown, which resort offers snow sled for kids and nearest to Seoul? We just want the kids to play with the snow, build snowman, snow fights and snow angels! Not so much on skiing and snowboarding.

Hi Zarina,

I am Kim from Malaysia. My family and I are planning to visit Seoul beginning of March 2013. We are wondering whether the ski resort is still open at that time. Since I will be bringing 2 kids (all below 6 yrs old), which ski resort will you recommend?

Thanks,
    Kim Fong

Hello zarina!I am keen to go yanji for skiing on the 3rd week of feb. I am travelling alone and was wondering if there are any motels or hostel near the resort for accommodation ? Are there free shuttle bus from the resort to yongin or yangji?

Where else would you recommend skiing for single traveller in korea?

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon