Vivaldi Park Ski Resort at Hongcheon

8 Responses

1. ayaharif says:

I've done both snowboard and ski. Although I start with Ski, I prefer snowboard now like you are saying… It's cooler.. ^_^. Maybe we can snowboarding together sometime in Korea…. Or maybe in Japan? ^_^

2. ZyXuz says:

very informative!! thanks for posting this 🙂

3. Wilson Ang says:

How to get there from Seoul if im foreign tourist from Malaysia? How to reserve the seats for return shuttle bus?

4. Mel says:

Hi, thanks for your sharing.
    I am a beginner in skiing and intend to take a lesson just for fun with my family coming December. What I want to know is, for the skylift, once we up there, is it a must we must ski down? Is the slop very slanting and dangerous?? how about if we were to “chicken out to ski down”(most likely the case), can we just walk down instead?? sorry i know its silly question, but the package only comes with 30 minutes lesson, i doubt we can master skiing skill that fast…lol.. thank you in advance 🙂

• zarinajanikorea says:

Hi Mel,

If you are afraid to ski from the slope after taking the lift, you can just walk a bit up from the bottom of the beginner slope to your desired height and then ski down from there. I’ve done that too when I started snowboarding.. 🙂

Even beginner slope can be intimidating if you have never skied before. Do like what I did and then build up your courage to take the lift up. You will stumble a lot and do not use your hands to prevent the fall. The teacher will teach you how to fall elegantly..hehe.

Good luck!

5. selina says:

hi, is it compulsory to ski down after take the ski lift up ? If chicken up after took ski lift, can take the lift down?

• zarinajanikorea says:

Hi Selina,
      If you have no experience of skiing at all, my advice is just to rent the gear and you can just walk up the slope a bit and ski down until you get used to it especially falling down on your bu** experience. 🙂

If you are braver, you can pay for the gear and ski lift. However, once you reach the top, there is no lift service to go down. You have to ski down, definitely OR you can walk the side of the slope so you won’t disturb other skiers.

Hope that helps. 🙂